Los Angeles, CA, 90069
Joined on July, 2014
Weekends at any time
Weekdays after 5PM
Weekdays after 5PM
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationMaster of Fine Arts, California State University, Fullerton 2013
Bachelor of Arts, California State University, Fresno 2008 Mass Communications and Journalism (broadcast) and English
Experience1) UCLA School of Nursing and Cedars-Sinai
Aug 2012 – Present
Executive Assistant for Director of Development
(Recently brought over for same position from UCLA to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center by same Director of Development)
• Maintain the UCLA School of Nursing and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center donor and prospect records; manage development activities in support of the Director of Development; draft and send donor correspondence (acknowledgment letters, reports, and proposals), draft and edit letters of inquiry, grant proposals, campaign board meeting agendas, cultivation event briefings and direct mail annual appeals.
2) Self-Employed – Los Angeles, CA
May 2009 – August 2012
• Produced press releases, web content and ghostwriting projects across a wide variety of fields. At first my clients were by word of mouth only, but in late 2010, I started advertising with my own websites. My websites were: first http://EmmyWrites.com (not in existence now) and much later I upgraded to http://RunReillyInk.com, still up but only for my resume.
• Provided research support for clients on a per-project basis.
• Tracked and maintained a calendar of completed projects.
3) Linden Publishing – Fresno, CA
Sept 2008 – May 2009
Marketing Director, Public Relations Manager
• Marketed Fall and Backlist books and track effectiveness through response reporting.
• Coordinated special events such as author appearances and book signings.
• Edited and proofread manuscripts on a monthly basis.
When I was young I had difficulty reading. Instead of being shamed by it, or told that I was "bad" at it, I was encouraged to look at reading a different way by a tutor who taught me phonics. Early intervention made such a difference that soon after my tutoring, I became a confident reader and writer and have gone on to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in journalism, English and creative writing respectively and, gasp, even earn money doing those things!
I know what it takes to teach children to read and write more confidently than ever before -- and in turn, by using my encouragement and study skills that I give them, they become better at reading and writing. In high school and throughout college, I did some tutoring here and there and have missed it greatly. I would love to work with your struggling student and help them to believe in themselves and improve as scholars.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.